Peace United Methodist Church was founded in 1885 with 12 members. Since then, our congregation has grown to over 315.
Over the years, PUMC has had several names and locations, including:
"Peace" is the recipient of the "Excellent Protestant Congregation Award" through a study sponsored by Lilly Endowment.
Three United Methodist churches in Wisconsin have received this award, and 32 nationally.
2010 marked the 85th anniversary of the arrival of Wangerin Organ Company #416 at Peace Church. Originally built and installed as a five-rank unit pipe organ in the former Peace Church building, the Wangerin was completely rebuilt and enlarged by Salzman Pipe Organ Services in 2000. Now containing 10 ranks and 713 individual organ pipes, the Wangerin/Salzman instrument leads the worship at the 10:30 service during the program year and at the 9:00 summer worship service.